Thursday, January 25, 2024

MGMT-2026 Part 1: Planning

Personal Vision:

It is hard to imagine where I see my career 10 years from now, I would like to think I have a career in sales or procurement somewhere. If not that I could see myself in a logistics company as well, maybe CN, CP, or bison.  I could also see us keeping the family business going. Basically, i would like to have a good stable career. 

 

Personal Mission Statement:  To help with my vision I will continue to do the best work I can and help the most people as possible. I will finish school and continue to network and develop relationships with peers at red river. I have met some many wonderful people that have continued to keep in touch with, even if we haven't had a class together in a year. These relationships could potentially help me in the future, as i could potentially help them as well.

 

Smart Goals (3): 

1 Short term Smart goal: Continue to quit smoking. Currently at the 1 month 

Specific- Continue my Goal of quitting smoking cigarettes. 

Measurable- I can measure this goal by the amount of money I have saved from buying packs of cigarettes. 

achievable- This is achievable as I have attained this for two weeks now and will continue to stay off them. 

Realistic- This goal is within reach and realistic. I must continue to stay on this path for the betterment of my health.

Timely-  This goal has started January 1, 2024, but will continue for a long time. there is no end to this goal as it will be a challenge for a little while longer. 

 

1 Medium Term Smart Goal: A medium term goal could be Buy a house/

Specific-Simple Medium-term goal is to buy a house. It was once a long-term goal but now seems more realistic.

Measurable- This can be measurable by the savings in my bank account but as well as the physical house. 

Achievable- With completing college, and continuing to save money, I have the skills and resources to achieve this goal.

Realistic- This goal has become more realistic as the time has passed. Years ago, this seemed more like a pipe dream that is no attainable. 

Timely- A date for me to accomplish this would be at the end of this year. This leaves me enough time to continue saving, finish school, get the resume ready for a better career and be set and happy.

 

1 Long Term Smart Goal:  Graduate from Red River. Was once a long-term Goal turned short. 

Specific- This goal is to finish and graduate at red river with the business degree. This was a two-year goal that is now on the last quarter. Not only finish school but finish with at least 3.8-4 gpa. 

Measurable- This can be measured by the current grades I have accumulated over the past year and half. Basically, must keep up with what I have been doing.

Actionable- Actions I must take to complete this goal is to continue to complete all assignments that are given to me. Continue studying the textbooks.

Realistic- Again in 2022 this goal seemed very difficult, almost impossible for me as someone who never took post secondary school, has become more realistic then ever. 

Timebound- I should finish this term by April 2024. This started in 2022.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 7: Control System Design

  MGMT 2026: Management and Leadership Part 7: Control System Design Charlie Alix     The team I decided to report on is my recrea...